- What is ELCAF?
ELCAF is the East London Comics & Arts Festival, an annual event with a full programme of talks, workshops, masterclasses, screenings, installations and exhibitions. ELCAF hosts over 100 international exhibitors selling books, zines and prints. Over the festival there is also music, food and drinks available.
- When does ELCAF take place?
ELCAF is an annual festival that takes place over three days in June. In 2017 ELCAF runs on 16, 17 & 18 June.
- What is ELCAF Season
The ELCAF season is a series of satellite events that run in the months leading up to the festival. ELCAF works with partners across the UK to highlight the works of emerging creatives, included in the ELCAF Season are workshops across Foyles national stores, masterclasses at the House of Illustration, an exhibition at NOW Gallery and drop in workshops in Hackney Libraries.
- Where does ELCAF take place?
The Round Chapel and the adjacent building The School Rooms. Entrance and exit to the Festival is through The Round Chapel on 1D Glenarm Rd, London E5 0LY.
- What can I expect when I arrive?
The festival takes place between two buildings ( Round Chapel and School Rooms) and the Round Chapel carpark. Additionally will have two external marquees one for talks and one for workshops.
- Is there a food/cafe available on site?
Yes, we will have a great coffee stand in the entrance. Shelly Belly’s and The Athenian will be setting up food stalls. Pencil Pushers is a pop-up bar created by Parched London for ELCAF.
- Is there parking available?
Unfortunately not – however, there is limited parking on the side streets near the venue (please check Parkopedia for parking availability in the area)
- Is it suitable for children?
Yes. We love kids who love books! There are workshops for both adults and children plus more and more exhibitors who publish illustrated children’s books for you to revel in.
- Is there wheelchair access?
Yes. The entry for wheelchair access is separate from the main entrance, so please contact a member of staff in the entrance.
- Can I apply to be an exhibitor?
Publishers, collectives and individuals can all apply to exhibit at ELCAF. We begin taking submissions in December through a new online submissions form on the ELCAF website. The open call is up for 6 weeks, after which we begin a selection process.
- Where can I book tickets?
Tickets can be bought through our website or at the festival itself. Due to high popularity for ticketed events we do advise you buy tickets when they become available online.
- Can I pay by card during the festival?
You can pay for tickets with card as we will be accepting payments with Izettle, however most stall holders will only accept cash.
- Where is the nearest cash point?
- Sainsbury’s – 13 Lower Clapton Rd, E5 0NS
- Natwest- 20 Amhurst Rd, E8 1JW
- Halifax- 402 Mare St, E8 1HN
- Santander – 392 Mare St, E8 1HP
- Do kids pay for any of the activities?
Anyone under the age of 16 will get free entry to the festival.
- Can I book tickets for workshops?
Workshops are all free with a festival ticket and are based on a first come first served basis.
- Do I need to book a ticket for the talks?
All of the talks in the marquee are ticketed and as such, you will need to purchase a ticket in addition to your festival ticket. These tickets range between £3 – £5. All talks in the School Rooms are free with a festival ticket.
- Is there a special ticket for families?
ELCAF does not offer family tickets at the moment.
- How do I become an ELCAF volunteer?
Keep checking our website, facebook and twitter for the call-out. It usually happens in April. All you have to do is apply! More info here.
- Can I collaborate with ELCAF?
ELCAF is always looking for like minded groups to collaborate with. If you’re looking to sponsor, partner or propose a new idea go to the contact page.
- I’ve booked the wrong tickets, what should I do?
Oh dear. Panic a little bit… then get in touch with us.
- Are you running Springboard meetings this year?
We will be running this event on the 10th of June at Foyles, book your place here.